Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I skip B frame in MPEG2's Rate Control algorithm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davyzhu

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am studying MPEG2's Rate Control algorithm (its TM5 implementation). I found rate control algorithm is the most not intuitive part of all the encoder.

I only need I and P frame. And I want to delete all the thing related to B frame. Shall I read some papers? And can you recommend some papers?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Best regards,
Davy

Re: MPEG2's Rate Control

Well not all encoders need to have a rate control mechanism, but still you can develop one for your encoder. MPEG-2's rate control mechanism is actually given in the verification model of the standard, and since MPEG-2 coded bitstream supports I-, P- and B-frames hence the model also discusses abt them. But anyway you can use some other rate control mechanisms also, like H.263's or any other which deals only with I- and P-frame encoding. You can do this because encoder is not standardised.
As far the use of MPEG-2's rate control is concerned, I feel that you can use this also.
Use only I- and P-frames part and skip things dealing with B-frames.

Hope this could be of help
gurpreet

davyzhu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back