Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can i send sms using multiple microcontroller using 1 gsm module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitgovani

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can i send sms using multiple microcontroller using 1 gsm module???

means
i hv 2 temperature controlling device..
can i connect both device to a single gsm module???

if you use microcontrollers with PPS (Peripheral pin select) such as the PIC24FJ64GB004 you may be able to enable the UART on one microcontroller (connect the UART to the required pins using PPS) while the pins on the other microcontroller are tristate. When data transfer is complete use PPS to disconnect the pins from the UART and tristate them. You will have to be careful not to enable both UARTs at the same time.

can i use relay switches to connect both device with controller and one side gsm?????

you can use a relay to switch RS232 signals (you may get some spurious characters from switch bounce). If TTL levels you can use an IC.

i connect both device to micro controller
&
gsm with RS232 and RS232 with uC
And can i use 8051uC??

Yes, you can used two microcontroller with one GSM module using serial RS232 Multiplexer IC.

In market there are many type of RS232 multiplexer IC available, Using this you can use two 8051 uC with one GSM module.

Hope this is help you.
Ghanshyam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back