Can I measure the IP3,P1dB points of LNA using .s2p file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kella

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed an LNA using .s2p file for transistor.

I want to know is it possible to measure the IP3,P1dB points of this LNA using .s2p file? If yes, please forward me some articles, whatever is possible.

thanks in advance.

/K

Re: LNA Linearity

No you can't. The s parameters are linear so they can just tell you things like forward/reverse gain, input/output return loss...

Do you mean 'simulate' instead of 'measure' the IP3/P1dB performance using the s2p file?

If so, this is not possible. The transistor's s2p file is for linear (small signal) operation. For nonlinear simulation, e g IP3/P1dB performance simulation, a nonlinear model (SPICE model) of the transistor has to be used.

Which transistor are you using? I guess - based on your previous posts - you are using @DS simulation program? Is this correct?

LNA Linearity

I am using EC2612 (pHEMT) Transistor from United Monolithic Semiconductor (UMS). For simulations I am working with @DS.

On page 7 in the EC2612 data sheet below, there is a nonlinear SPICE model you can enter into @DS.

**broken link removed**

kella

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

dear kella, may i ask you for EC2612'S S2P FILe? and other information acceptable from ADS.
THANKS

Hi,

You should look for *.s2d file.

Goodluck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…