Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I make interrupts with other ports than Port3 in 8051?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizwanishaq

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can we use the any ports as input and output at the time like one time take input from the ADC0808 and then send to LCD at the same time. Also tell me how i make the interrupts using other ports other than Port3 if there is any possible way then tell me.
Thanks

Port of 8051

1) Yes, you can do it by using the Output Enable signal in ADC0808 - enable output, read the data, disable output, then use bus to work with LCD;
2) No, 8051 don't have other interrupt pins. If speed is enough, you can poll inputs for level change in software.

Port of 8051

2) Not on the vanilla 8051, but on 8052 and its derivatives the Timer2 input on P1.0 - set Timer2 as counter and preset it so that a single transition would roll it over and trigger an interrupt.

OK this is a trick and no other pin can be used like this, but your question was "any other than P3" and this is "any other" isn't it... :-D

wek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back