Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I learn DSP without knowing formulas or theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakitos

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there a way to learn dsp practicaly to understand the real meaning and use of processing techniques?

I mean no formulas or theory?
thanks

Re: practical dsp

The real meaning? I take it you are asking about why DSP is used? DSP allows for the processing of analog signals by converting them to discrete values so that math formulas can be used to more accurately and efficiently control and analyze the world around us.

If you are hoping to learn and use DSP without ever having to understand theory or learn specific formulas and how to use them the answer is NO.

To some extent you are going to have to understand some formulas and theory to be able to use DSP.

You can learn how to use Digital Signal Processors without learning any theory or maths. But, since you don't know the theory, you won't be able to use them for any significant DSProcessing work (which is what these special-purpose processors are designed for). You'll be using them as microcontrollers.

It is NOT POSSIBLE to learn Digital Signal Processing with going into a good deal of theory. DSP is a complicated field and not just any technician can standup and start designing Adaptive filters or write complex algorithms for processing videos.

Still, there is one VERY easy and small book on Digital Signal Processing by the name of "Signals and Systems made ridiculously simple".

HOPE THIS HELPS!

No that is not what I meant.
The theoretical ( math ) part is important to understand the material but when practicing it, to make it more interesting the practical approach should be used.

For example:
1) use live examples

if there exist a picture which was overwritten by a white line on it. How to use filter to remove it.

2) explain formulas practically
meaning of convolution....
why used...

sometims an engineer will no how to use these formulas but does not know why he is using it. That is what I am trying to solve
Hope I am clear now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back