Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can i install USR5 with out Base for IC5141

Status
Not open for further replies.

v_kumar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ic5141 usr5

hi,
I have downloaded ic5141 usr5 and have read the following on cadence website. I have highlighted a sentence below does it mean that i can install without the base release installed.

Update: An Update release (also called a QSR for a quarterly release or MSR for a monthly release) is a fully tested enhancement to a Base Release. An Update can be incremental or a complete replacement of a Base Release.
An Update can be installed on top of a Base Release installation directory after the Base installation has completed. With InstallScape you can begin an installation on top of a Base Release from a QSR or MSR Source Site directly. This will include the needed portions of the Base Release automatically.

Thanks

download ic5141 usr5

v_kumar said:
hi,
I have downloaded ic5141 usr5 and have read the following on cadence website. I have highlighted a sentence below does it mean that i can install without the base release installed.

Update: An Update release (also called a QSR for a quarterly release or MSR for a monthly release) is a fully tested enhancement to a Base Release. An Update can be incremental or a complete replacement of a Base Release.
An Update can be installed on top of a Base Release installation directory after the Base installation has completed. With InstallScape you can begin an installation on top of a Base Release from a QSR or MSR Source Site directly. This will include the needed portions of the Base Release automatically.

Thanks

You need it definitely. You can try install without them, and you will know what I mean.

cadence usr5 download

I download the base version and got is installed on my SUSE OS..

everything went fine even i checked by using the installed products option and come to know.

now the problem is that i need to install the licence configuration utility and when i run the setup file it asks for installing the installscape. When i say yes it starts initializing but gives a error later as below

java: xcb_xlib.c:52:xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion 'c->xlib.lock' failed. Aborted

1) how to install the license utility.
2) how to run the installed products because i m new to this type of operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.