Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I install IC 5033 on Suse 9.1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edablade

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IC 5033 with Suse 9.1

Hi,
I have Suse 9.1 Professional with kernel 2.6 and KDE 3.2.1 (X86 PIV-3GHz)
I want to know if it is possible to install cadence IC 5033 software in that distribution.

Thank you !

edablade

Re: IC 5033 with Suse 9.1

Hi

1. You can install IC5033 in suse 9.1 with no problems.
2. Please be more accurate in selecting a platform for you eda tasks
Due to the official release note from cadence RH7.2/7.3 are the best choice.

tnx

RH 7.2 7.3 is obsolete
I will try the installation and i will give news
Thank you

IC 5033 with Suse 9.1

Hi edablade,

Did you successfully install Cadence on Suse9.1? I want to try it too.

Thanks

Hi nxing,

I installed Cadence IC5033 on Suse 9.1. It is working fine with out any problems. I had to set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 environmental variable though. Once this is set every thing will be ok.

Thanks.

IC 5033 with Suse 9.1

Hi Softhog,

Thanks for your reply, can you tell me where to setup this LD_ASSUME)KERNEL=2.4.1? It's in Cadence or Linux.

Regards,

Hi nxing,

It is set in linux. Put "export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1" in your .bashrc file. If you dont want it to be permanent, just type it in your terminal before starting icfb.

Good Luck!

I've installed all tools like ic5.33, soc, diva, ... sucessfully on SuSE 9.0. There are a lot of usefull hints in this forum. Tkx to all.

Thanks softhog for the tip with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1! It works very fine in Suse 9.1. It also works in Fedora Core 2. Thanks again!

Re: IC 5033 with Suse 9

Hello all,
hello eda4you,

the last week I have installed IC05.32 on SUSE 9 evrey thing was ok with the installation.
after that I should gonfigure the license file and start the "lmgrd -c license.lic" on another suse-linux-pc, i. e. on license-server.
Of course I have "lmgrd + lmutil + cdslmd" and the license-file on the server too.
I have the lmgrd v. 9.5 and cdslmd v. 8.2. I still have the error:
(((
20:37:36 (cdslmd) Cannot open daemon lock file
20:37:36 (lmgrd) MULTIPLE "cdslmd" servers running.
20:37:36 (lmgrd) Please kill, and run lmreread
20:37:36 (lmgrd)
20:37:36 (lmgrd) This error probably results from either:
20:37:36 (lmgrd) 1. Another copy of lmgrd running
20:37:36 (lmgrd) 2. A prior lmgrd was killed with "kill -9"
20:37:36 (lmgrd) (which would leave the vendor daemon running)
20:37:36 (lmgrd) To correct this, do a "ps -ax | grep cdslmd"
20:37:36 (lmgrd) (or equivalent "ps" command)
20:37:36 (lmgrd) and kill the "cdslmd" process

)))

I don't have any lmgrd or cdslmd servers running.???
the local-instalation directory is not mounted from the server, must it? what files should I have on the server.
does anyone here have idea. thank you.
I will try with
setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1 in my .cshrc too after the direct instalation on the server.

regards.
Iyad

Re: IC 5033 with Suse 9

The problem is that you had already started the cdslmd daemon multiple times. And the cdslmd.lock had been locked by a previous cdslmd daemon. The solution is to find out those lmgrd and those accompanied cdslmd daemon processes. Then kill all of them. Try to find out cdslmd.lock file and delete it also. It is usually at the /var directory.
So the steps are as this:
1. su root <cr> -- in an opened terminal windows.
2. ps -A | grep lmgrd <cr> -- take note of the lmgrd processes ID.
3. ps -A | grep cdslmd <cr> -- take note of the accompanied cdslmd processes ID.
4. kill lmgrd_processesID <cr> or kill -9 lmgrd_processesID <cr> -- to kill those processes. So do the cdslmd_processesID.
5. find / -name cdslmd.lock -print <cr> -- to find out the lock file. Then delet it.
6. lmgrd -c your_cadence_license_file -log your_log <cr> -- to restart the license server. Remember you only need to run this once and only once. This server will serve any users logged on to use cadence licensed eda tools.
Good Luck.

Added after 31 minutes:

iyad_tubs said:
I don't have any lmgrd or cdslmd servers running.???
the local-instalation directory is not mounted from the server, must it? what files should I have on the server.

1. If you only want the mentioned Server served as a license server, then you only need to install the lmgrd, lmutil,... etc togethered with the cdslmd and its license file on the server. That's all enough to start the license server. But at your license-Client side, you have to setup the license client environment variable to let the eda tool get license from. The license client setup is by putting this line in your .bashrc or .cshrc "export LM_LICENSE_FILE=port@LicenseServer" or "setenv LM_LICENSE_FILE port@LicenseServer" respectively.

2. If you want the mentioned Server also served as a file server for your client-Box, then the story is totally different. You have to install license server on the file server, then start it. You also have to install the eda tools on the file server and mount it back on your client-Box if you want to start the eda tool on your local client-Box. Even this way, you also have to setup the client environment variable as described in <1> in your client-Box.

But I think your choice is <1>, if my guess not wrong.

Bless you.

IC 5033 with Suse 9.1

iyad_tubs, I guess you are using Reiserfs in your SuSE, right? This is the source of problem since Reiserfs will not allow any zero size file to be in its system, but the license server really needs the zero-size file (lockcdslmd) to start the program. That's why it turned out to be like this.

You should change your file system, at least at /var/tmp, to be EXT3. This will solve your problem.

hi,eda4you!
when you install ic5033 in SUSE,do you need to modify "softload" file??

IC 5033 with Suse 9.1

Just my 2 cents, for rhle AS3.0 you don't need to modify&compile some files for "softload" running.

But for RH9, you do need to modify&compile some files for "softload" running that had been detaily discussed before by a good post on this forum.

Is that really so about Raiserfs not letting the server run? If so, do I have any option other than reinstalling Suse then? I spend some time getting my install the way I like it.. :(

Is there is no other option, that's cool with me. I looked at converting it to EXT3, but that requires a format...

This seems like it may be what I need to get Cadence running properly... thanks!
Eagerly awaiting reply.

|IAngel| said:
Is that really so about Raiserfs not letting the server run? If so, do I have any option other than reinstalling Suse then? I spend some time getting my install the way I like it.. :(

Is there is no other option, that's cool with me. I looked at converting it to EXT3, but that requires a format...

This seems like it may be what I need to get Cadence running properly... thanks!
Eagerly awaiting reply.

I had the same problem with suse10. Do not format hard disc with Reiserfs(suse default), because you would not be able to start license server.
Use ext3, instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.