Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I install DOS without lossing WIN XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ahmadagha23

installing dos on xp

hi
I have win xp on my PC. Now I want to instal DOS. Is there any way I can do that without reinstalling my win xp?
regards

install dos on xp

If NT's DOS box (Command Prompt) isn't acceptable, then you'll have to use either a virtual machine such as VMWare or setting up hidden partitions and selecting which partition is visible at boot time via third party software.

I'd see if the command prompt is Ok first, then go for VMWare followed last by creating selectable hidden partitions.

installing dos in xp

If you need DOS as OS, you can use virtual machine, but if you want to have DOS for running some DOS programs that are not running under WinXP, you can use DOSBox software - it's very simple but powerfull MS-DOS emulator.

Look here: https://www.dosbox.com/

install dos from xp

hi
thanks but how can I have hiden partitions?
also I have cmd window but I want real DOS environment for working with my hardware boards.
regards

install dos with xp

i normaly do with a dos booter cd (writen as boot cd )

install dos

you can use from dos without install it.
if yoy want use dos as op or command prompt, however you can use dos boot disk and dont need to install it and your windows will be safe.

installing dos with xp

I used Dosbox, it works with hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back