Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I install C@dence LDV5.0 and IC5.0 under same directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweesw

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have installed LDV5.0 and IC5.0 under different directories.
They are working like a charm except one thing - they eat a lot disk spaces.
I found there are lots of common directoies under each of them, e.g.
docs, share, jre, perl, etc.
Does anyone know whether I can install both of them under the same directory?
I still remember the days when C@dence Released c@dence 97/98/99 as a whole package.
I am not sure if multiple packages can be installed under the same dir without conflictions.
What is the difference between DSM, ICC and IC?
Thx for any idea or input.

No, you can't do that. When you try to do so, the softload will warn you to change the directory. But if you install ldv5 from zipped file, you may can extract it to the same dir with ic50. Even it can work, I'm not sure it may cause some minor effects since they may have some different libraries version.

Anyway, Cadence recommend you to install the different package in the different directory.

NO, they can not install in the same direction. Some files are different version in their respective path, BUT their names are same .

Yeh, I found similar problem on "software feedback" serction, the answer is no, the reason is that the JRE, Perl, etc are bundled with different versions even if LDV5.0 and IC5.0 are both in major version of 5.0.

That is a wrong assumption that you would save some space by doing this.

I though the same before, and here is what I did on a system with IC5.0,ICC11, SPW, SPR, and LDV, and also lots of PDKs:

1- run a MD5 checksum on all files
2- do a diff on all files that have identical MD5
3- run an ls -l and awk script on identical file to see how much space I save.

The plan was to replace all the identical files by symbolic links to the file that has the shortest path. But I did not do it, because step 3- showed me that I would save only 1GB on a total of 14GB

You can not do this, although the name and directory structure are same, the 2 tools have much differences.

What size do you propose for the swap file? (redhat 7.3)

Thx

For both tools (LDV50/LDV51 and IC50/IC5032) to co-exist, how do I set up the environments so that I can run both tools at the same time?

Re: Can I install C@dence LDV5.0 and IC5.0 under same direct

I am looking for LDV5.0.I could not see anything in Source-link. Anyone can help?Thanks. By the way, I have 5.1, I am willing to exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.