Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I have a triple boot PC with Fedora core 3, Windows XP and SuSe

Status
Not open for further replies.

safwatonline

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
i have Fedora core 3 along with windows XP using GRUB loader , i want to try SUSA , so can i triple boot ?!
regards,
A.Safwat

Re: triple boot

Yes, but you will need to install SUSE in different partition or second, or third harddrive. Than just add it to your GRUB loader.

safwatonline

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

cfant said:
Yes, but you will need to install SUSE in different partition or second, or third harddrive. Than just add it to your GRUB loader.

thnx for the answer but my question is how to add it to the grub?
thnx again

triple boot

you can install grub fro dos 4.0, it's setup is very easy, and you can install it on the windows platform.

safwatonline

safwatonline said:
cfant said:

thnx for the answer but my question is how to add it to the grub?
thnx again

Firstly, the Linux Installer may do this for you.

If it doesn't set tripple boot automatically, at least it can set double boot for you. After installing the second linux, you can merge the two /boot/grub/menu.lst file -- one from the first linux and the other from the second.

safwatonline

Firstly, the Linux Installer may do this for you.

If it doesn't set tripple boot automatically, at least it can set double boot for you. After installing the second linux, you can merge the two /boot/grub/menu.lst file -- one from the first linux and the other from the second.[/quote]

each grub install to MBR default, can you install two?

That would not work. Only one can be installed in MBR, for all other Linux oses install boot loader in the partition. Modify grub.lst to include booting from other partitions.

woodyplum said:
each grub install to MBR default, can you install two?
You don't need install two copies of grub. Grub supports multi-boot (not limited to double boot). The last installed linux usually will find all bootable partitions and properly set menu.lst file.

safwatonline

Status
Not open for further replies.