Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I drive a 2W speaker with a 2W capability audio power amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The target power of the speaker is 2W. Can I use a 2W power ampflifier ? or in other words, can I driver 2W speaker with a 2W capabilty audio power amplifier?
Please give me some suggestion.Thanks.

Re: audio amp

Sure you can .. but if you would like to have full 2W outut power you should have an amplifier of roughly 50% more power than speaker rating (difference between sine wave and real sound) ..

As for matching power ratings between speakers and amplifiers, it is not necessary. Most speakers can accept clean input power in huge amounts before destroying themselves. Any quality amp that can produce enough power for your loudness expectations should work fine. The only advantage a 200 watt amp holds over a 100 watt (of the same design) is the ability to play 3 dB louder.

Quoted from:
"Speaker Power Ratings and Amplifier Power Ratings"
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

audio amp

you can find some information from internet search

Re: audio amp

75_1166451657.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search