Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can i control hobby king quadracopter by using my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robitons

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My project is to make a quadracopter that follows an object. I want to know if i can control the motion of the quad wirelessly through a laptop based on the image processing results from MATLAB. If so how can i do it.Pls help me...

It would be a major project for you to make a radio transmitter. I believe you'll want to start with a normal radio-control unit, designed for a quadcopter.

I suppose it has a joystick, containing either switches or potentiometers. You will need to get access to the electrical contacts. You'll connect wires coming from your computer, although I don't know specifically which connection to make inside the computer. Perhaps from the USB port, going to a custom device of some kind.

I don't know more about it but there might be a sophisticated quadcopter controller, which has built-in USB inputs which would make your work easier.

Use FT232 to interface the joystic to your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.