Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I connect batteries like this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahbaz.ele

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all
I had posted a problem earlier about batteries possible connections.
reference given below.
now I thought to connect the batteries like this
A 150W solar panel-->charge controller-->12V(200AH)/battery
B 150W solar panel-->charge controller-->12V(50AH)/battery
then connect(parallel fashion) the two batteries via a diode (only positive terminal) then to load.
would it work better or some one suggest other better possiblity.
Actually I have
150W solar panel -->2
12V (200AH) battery -->1
12V (50AH) battery -->1
charge controller(12V/24V) -->2

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/293147/

If you connect two identical voltage but different capacity batteries in parallel, I would say that there must be a small series resistance on each bank to make sure that the current draws balance out relative to battery capacity.

For instance, for a 50 and 200 AH batteries, the 50 Ah battery would use a resistor Rs*200/250, and the 200 Ah battery would use a Rs*50/250
Rs depends on actual load current....if your load is 10 amps, and let's say you want a maximum 100 mV drop, then Rs would be a 0.01 ohm.
And thus the resistor for the smaller battery would be 0.008 ohm and for the larger battery it would be 0.002 ohm.

Having said that.....the batteries themselves may have that much equivalent series resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back