Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I connect 4 12V 92Ah Batteries in series to 2000W 48V BLDC motorto run an e-rickshaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bindu boora

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone.
I am working on a project to run a rickshaw using solar panels.The load it can carry is 761kg and net power is 1548W and rated speed is 21kmph.I have to connect solar panel to charge controller and then to battery and load.I want to know whether i can use 4 12V batteries in series with capacity of 92ah for 2000w BLDC motor?And in the spread sheet it is given the net power as 1548W.Is it the output power of BLDC motor?
Screenshot_20201213-121656_Drive.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201213-121656_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20201213-121656_Drive.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 193

Hi,

Theoretically yes.
Practically I'd add some charge balancing circuit.
In either case use batteries from same type and same age.

The problem is:
The weakest cell determines the overall capacity, and the weakest cell gets stressed the most and thus will get weaker and weaker.

Klaus

Hi,

Theoretically yes.
Practically I'd add some charge balancing circuit.
In either case use batteries from same type and same age.

The problem is:
The weakest cell determines the overall capacity, and the weakest cell gets stressed the most and thus will get weaker and weaker.

Klaus
thank you Klaus
--- Updated ---

--- Updated ---

--- Updated ---

Is it possible to run it for 5 hours with maximum load that is 761kg with 4*12 V(48V) 92ah capacity battery with only one time charging

Last edited:

Lead acid batteries are usually series connected without balancing means, e.g in trucks with 24V. I presume, the Indian 48V e-rickshaw standard just uses 4 series connected 12V batteries. There's no principle difference between serie connection of 2V cells inside the individual battery, and series connection of multiple batteries of same capacity.

As for the achievable cruising range, I expect you get first-hand information in your country.

Status
Not open for further replies.