Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can finite ground CPW design use ADS linecalc in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangemay

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everyone
I just begin to learn ADS. i want to design a 50ohm coplanar waveguide with finite ground. I know the linecalc in ADS can be use to obtain the gap and wide value of infinite CPW. Is this tool still valid to for CPW with finite ground?

I have seen dr_em() suggested how to define the finite ground CPW in ADS, my metal layer profile just like this, according to the calculate value from liecalc.

and I define the ports like suggested(two internal port connect to sinal line,others are reference ground port), but when I update it into schematic( because i want to use it as a subcircuit, and connect it with lump compoment, there are more than six port exist, it seems like other port gengerate from the different gap and wide profile.

Can you help me solve this problem? or any suggests and advices about the finite CPW are welcome!

Thanks in advance! [/img][/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back