Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can directivity, gain, and power radiated from antenna be measured by equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kae_jolie

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS calculates directivity, gain, and power radiated, but I was wondering if I can measure them physically (without a simulator). If so, what equipment, technique, etc. is used for that?

Please reply ASAP as I have a presentation due soon.

Thanks

Yes, these parameters can be measured out. You can measure them in an Anechoic Chamber.

Thanks for reply. What equipment is used to measure these parameters? VNA? Please send links, docs that talks more about this.

One more thing: Can specific absorption rate (SAR) in head, for example, be measured? If so, how?

Thanks.

Thanks for reply. What equipment is used to measure these parameters? VNA? Please send links, docs that talks more about this.

One more thing: Can specific absorption rate (SAR) in head, for example, be measured? If so, how?

Thanks.
VNA is necessary, and you can search other equipments which are required on the internet. What I have are all in Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back