Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can devices still drain batteries even when off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlor

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an LED strip that was originally ment to be powered using a wall adapter but I am powering it with 8 AA batteries right now. If The LED strip is turned off but the connection between the batteries and LED Strip still exists, can this drain the battery at all, or would it be better to unplug the power source from the LED strip?

The reason I ask is because I woke up one morning after the power source still had a connection to the led strip, and even though the strip was turned OFF, the batteries were dead.

Yes, they can drained your battery due to leakage current , but should not happen overnight. Check the circuitery and current path, there should be something else than battery may be drawing the current.

Current will be drawn from source (in this battery) is a path exists. And looks like in this case path exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back