Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can CST-MWS handle SHEET bodies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

costox

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cst infinitely thin sheet

Hi,

In MWS-5, I've got this msg when simulating a planar dipole array using zero-thickness sheet:
"sheet body will be ignored". Google returned nothing.

Does that mean I cannot use PEC zero-thickness structure (infinitely thin microstrip).

Thanks for your help.

Thanks.

Is there a way to sweep a curve that is NOT a loop and NOT planar).

If not, how anyone could build a curved-surface ???

Thanks alot.

In CST2006, you can apply tetra meshing method and frequency domain solver if you want to treat trace as sheet. With Time domain solver, you can only build trace as solid model. For example, a 1OZ microstrip line must be 0.035mm thick solid model. Anyway, solver apply TST to simplify the very thin model just like a zero thick sheet. So don't worry the thickness of you trace, just do it as you like.

To sweep a cureve which is not plannar or a loop, you need to create a 3D curve.

There is a macro provided which will add a VB script to the history list for you. You will need to edit this to add your equation which describes you curve. It's a lot easier than it looks

Thanks asjade:
In CST Design Studio, which solver method (TIme or Frequency domaine) that is better to use for 3D antennas ?

Thanks Gakusei:
I drew an arc (similar to a 1/4 of a circle) then I TRIED to sweep it to have a curve-surface but CST-MWS DIDN'T ALLOW ME TO.
(--> Message: cannot sweep. Curve is not a closed-curve and not planar) !
I've searched everywhere in help and google but noway can you sweep a curved-line in CST-MWS.

NO, I don't want to plot a cylinder and then cut it down: I want to sweep a curved-line. HFSS does not complain when you sweep a curved-line.

What so complicated about sweeping a SIMPLE curved-line (not a closed-loop) (example of curved-line: a parabole) that CST cannot do but HFSS can !!

xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back