Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can battery supply a microcontroller ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yassin.kraouch

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please who have a idea on how to supply a microcontroller MSP430 from w battery directly, to reduce the use of component ?

thank you andre, but this is not the problem the problem is that i have 40Ah battery used in a car and i would like to supply the microcontroller from the battery, the voltage of the battery is between 1.8 and 3.2V, without using a dc-dc how can i do this ?

You can use linear regulator, due few amount of current required.
However, you must take a lot of care concerning spike protection ( filtering ), due amount of noise propagated by sparking performed at motor.

+++

i am serching for a solution that i didn't use a regulator, and a low cost solution, with a few component

i am searching for a solution that i didn't use a regulator, and a low cost solution, with a few component
Regulators are simple – they are “small” and have only 3 pins – any other solution will be more complex ..
:wink:
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.