Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone tell me what is imp layer ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mujju433

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
implayer

I want clear explaination on imp layer can anyone explain me ?

I know why we are using imp layer but i want "what is imp layer"

what is imp

If you are talking about integrated circuits, Do you mean implantation layer?

imp layer

Yes i am talking about implantation layer

implant layer

IC fabrication starts with a certain type dopped of silicon substrate, lets say p type. To make transsitor on this substrate you need to create n type layer. To make it a certain type of ions implanted by using ion implanter into substrate.

It's better to read vlsi book to get more detailed explanation.

Yes thats true but what is that implant layer ?? i have seen in many books but the explaination is not clear thats why i am asking here so anybody else can explain me ?

I know why we are using implant layer but i want to know what is imp layer i mean p imp and n imp
whats that imp layer ???

The implant layer defines the regions were the silicon is doped with impurities to form an n-type or p-type silicon . This implantation is necessary for the formation of source/drain regions , poly Si gates and bulk ties. The implant layer have higher importance when it intersects with the active area region (region with thin oxide) . because this intersection only defines the n+ or p+ regions which is used to create transistors and bulk ties . If the implant layer exists in a place where there is no thin oxide , the doping will be light and can not be used in S/D regions or ohmic bulk ties.

how important is implant layer when it comes to layout design of standard cells? Is implant layer a part of standard library? any other use of imp layer outside standard cell design?

mohdfayez said:
how important is implant layer when it comes to layout design of standard cells? Is implant layer a part of standard library? any other use of imp layer outside standard cell design?

implant layer is essential for any NMOS/PMOS transistor , bulk tie ,diodes and some types of resistors .
imlant layer must exist in standard cells or any custom-made layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back