Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can anyone tell me how to interface atmega328 with pc via usb port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfie.max15

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to find a way to communicate with usb port to which a microcontroller has been connected.
can anyone help me how i can?
i am using atmega328

actually i dont have a serial port in my pc
so i want o connect atmega328 to pc via usp port
and then i dont know how to communicate with it using windows/linux

- - - Updated - - -

actually i dont have a serial port in my pc
so i want o connect atmega328 to pc via usp port
and then i dont know how to communicate with it using windows/linux

I'm still not clear of what you are asking, is it a USB bootloader similar to arduino or are you asking for the actual arduino bootloader
If thew question is about arduino you can find all relevant info https://www.arduino.cc/
if not check https://www.obdev.at/products/vusb/usbasploader.html but note that you will need a programmer to program the bootloader to the AVR in both cases

i mean that i can connect a atmega328 to pc via usb cable
but i dont know how to access or read the data trasmitted from the microcontroller from the pc
is it possible to do so using c language?

You can either implement V-USB which Alex suggested in reply #2, which is a firmware/software based USB implementation.

Or you can utilize a USB to Serial Bridge chipset like the FT232R which interfaces directly to the AVRs UART.

In either case the USB can implement a CDC device class which appears as Virtual COM Port on the PC, allowing legacy applications which support RS-232 serial port interfacing.

BigDog

did you mean that you are gonna communicated your microcontroller w/ PC? if the case like that its plenty ways i.e. you can use usb to ttl(simple one) or ou can use rs232 interfaced with db9.. how it works? just google it CMIIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back