Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone locate the transmitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resistanceisfutile

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an old Samsung mobile phone that I wanted to extract the transmitter from.
I'm not sure I'd recognise it if I saw it, so I've attached a photo of the mobile phone circuitry.
Would anyone mind telling me if they think they can see the transmitter, and any other relevant details you can see from the pictures?

DSCN0020.JPGDSCN0018.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0015.JPG
    DSCN0015.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 107

It isn't obvious in any of those pictures, I would guess it is on the under side of the PCBs. However, don't expect a 'module' you can remove and use elsewhere, it will be built on the PCB itself, including the antenna so it can't be used in isolation of the rest of the phone.

Brian.

I think the RF7161 intergrated circuit is the transmitter power amplifier.

click here for RF7161 datasheet

Other sections that you may consider to be part of the transmitter including the microphone ADC, microphone audio processing and encryption, data encoding, frequency selection and generation and the software that controls how the phone talks to cell towers are elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back