Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can anyone help me cpw fed y shaped monopole antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaanistt

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
some one help please here is the picture cpw fed y  shaped.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

L=9 mm and W=13 mm please help!!

Could you specify in more detail what you want to know?

ı want to do the this. but I m new and ı dont know how can ı do maybe someone can do that or someone help how can ı find x y z cordinates and dx dy dz cordinates

Hello, I'm still unsure of what your problem is, so please take some time to describe what you want. I, and others, can't look into your mind.

If you are going to use a simulator, I would recommend you to draw the antenna in the XY plane (so it is laying flat on a table). Z is pointing towards you, and you are looking on top of the layer that contains the CPW and the antenna. Don't forget to turn off perfect ground as there is no ground under the dielectric.

If your simulator supports infinite dielectrics only, you will not be able to fully reproduce the radiation pattern as due to an infinite size dielectric layer, you cannot have radiation in the XY plane. In other words, to simulate the actual radiation pattern, you need to be able to model a finite size dielectric layer (that is the 1.6mm thick FR4 layer).

Feeding may be a problem. You very likely need to use a lumped/localized feed to feed the CPW as there is no ground plane under the dielectric layer. Probably the simulator's documentation will show you some examples of CPW feeds.

Last edited:

**broken link removed** here is the link

Hello, Though your problem is still unsure to me, you will encounter problems with feeding the CPW when using a simulator. If you use HFSS this:

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/40189/ may help you to feed your structure.

You may use the Edaboard search facility to find more CPW port topics. Note that you do not have a grounded CPW (as there is no ground under the CPW.

If you are unable to make a wave port, you may try a lumped feed as shown below (lumped feed in red):

I would first do a calibration simulation with two of these ports and play with port length and port width. If reflection is still to high, I would introduce some tapered segments to enable the use of a smaller lumped port. This reduces reflections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back