Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can anyone explain the process before manufacturing a PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

yassin.kraouch

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PCB process

hi,
can anyone explain the process before manufacturing a PCB ( the file that i should send to the manufacturer, the componenet is sent or the manufacturer cell this componenet??)
regards,

Re: can anyone explain the process before manufacturing a PC

This is Leon Xiao, Sales of Printed circuit board in P.R.C

I am not sure what do you mean by " before manufacturing PCB"

If you need to know the process of PCB fabrication.
Before manufacturing PCB, there are some pre-engineering work to do, like check the files whether are correct and complete,specifications, arrange the process. Time table arrangements stuff like that.

Gerber files and drill files are needed for PCB manufacturing, you just mentioned " componenet"

is this word "component", then you may have your pcb assemblied .
You coud provide your vendor the components for assembly, or ask them to purchase everythings including bare pcb and all relate electronic components for you.

Gerber+drill files+BOM lists for your PCBA.
Gerber is needed for PCB .

ok thank you, so when i like to send to the manufacturer the gerber file should i send also the component??

If you think you have good resource than your manufacturer.

You could purchase every components including the bare board, and send them all to a factory to have them assembly for you. it's ok, you just need to pay the shipment charges and assembly charges. the cost may higher than expected or save more money depend on hwo cheap the components you find.

Most of the time, Most PCB Assembly manufacturer provide one-stop solution

you just let them know what you need[BOM lists], then they will do the rest help you source these components required under their network.

If you purchase bare PCBs , you can send details to me leonx@pwb.com.cn

Added after 2 minutes:

yassin.kraouch said:
ok thank you, so when i like to send to the manufacturer the gerber file should i send also the component??

by the way , we also provide one-stop solution for PCB assembly.

maybe we can help to provide a cost-effective solution for you. just send me emails if you have such intentions to go on in the future.

because most of europe or American factories they will turn your request abroad sometimes. lots of my customers are these types.

Hi Leon,
the problem is that i have different component from different country so if i need only to send the gerber file and you will do the rest, it will be the best way.

It's doesn't matter, just let me know the BOM lists and gerber files we can do the rest.

"the problem is that i have different component from different country "

Dont worry, we can purchase them under Chinese suppliers, and some of them has sales agent in China.
Just let us the components name.

Quatation of PCB assembly project may need some time.

If you have intentions, let's talk details through email. How about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back