Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can anybody give me advice about analog circuit's simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

batistuta

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
everyone, i am a fresh man at the analog circuit design, i have read Razavil's book
more careful, and get the structures about most circuit, but i am puzzled by simulation, i do not know how to start. as you know, after simulating the circuit, you will get further. so can anybody give me some advice? is there some books about them? or some papers. i use candence design tool.
thank you very much!

I think you can read some tutorials of Candence.
From a unix terminal, you type 'cdsdoc' to view all the documents of Candence. you can find sth you need there

You can start from the opamp simulation. there are a lot of examples in cadence doc

Re: can anybody give me advice about analog circuit's simula

You should first understand analog circuit working principle.

Re: can anybody give me advice about analog circuit's simula

There is no better tutor than working on a real example!
Create a switch that drives a resistor.

Work on all possible simulations ( mostly transient).

Add a capacitor ( now you have a filter). Do the same.

Try now switched capacitor by implemnting a logic ( a pulse generator) driving the switch. Simulate

Move to a simple one stage CMOS OPAMP.

I believe you got the idea....

D.

hspice and eldo are good tools to use also, for analog designers, to use these tools skillfully is absolutely necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back