Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anybody afford some tips about RF PCB Layout……

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF_beginner

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:D I am now designning an ISM frequency range receiver and I am now a RF beginner just like my name means,can someone tell me that what i should avoid in the design process or the foundmental design tips in this frequency.thanks in advance!!!

you can get a lot from some books,but you can learn more from practice.it looks like no secret for rf pcb layout now.

there are much :
for example:the bend can't larger than 90

Caculate impedence and consider the loss of line.

Hi,

Use the bottom of the PCB as ground plane and all via's to ground should be short this means a thin PCB for 2.4 GHz 0.8 mm or something otherwise the inductance of the via is to large. Where you need a small inductance you can put multiple via's... use a via with a small diameter of 0.4 mm if possible

For 2.4 Ghz you can use best 0603 components and not larger like 0805 etc...

Use good PCB material and if you go high in freq or you make complex structures on the PCB you should not use a solder-mask but silver..

keep the traces short and use your common sense if you route the PCB.

Paul.

PaulHolland's suggestion is true. You might not aware that soldering also cause problem, In power amplifier design, if you put too much solder iron on your PA chip, DC block capacitors and connectors, the loss will be as large as 1dB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back