Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can any one help me to plot Harmonic Distortion vs frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

singhharsh21

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I m working in line driver project and i want to plot output HD2 and HD3 vs frequency plot in cadence.
Thanks in Advance

Re: can any one help me to plot Harmonic Distortion vs frequ

Hi!

using the calculator tool, you can calculate the dft of the signal but take the freq range 1kHz say on both sides of the harmonic you are going to calculated. Then you can use the peak function to get the harmonic. You can do this for calculating all the required harmonics by adding the output variables for each. Then by doing the parametric analysis by taking the sweep variable as the freq in this case, you can get the plot of each of the output variables you have added.

good luck!

jackg said:
Hi!

using the calculator tool, you can calculate the dft of the signal but take the freq range 1kHz say on both sides of the harmonic you are going to calculated. Then you can use the peak function to get the harmonic. You can do this for calculating all the required harmonics by adding the output variables for each. Then by doing the parametric analysis by taking the sweep variable as the freq in this case, you can get the plot of each of the output variables you have added.

good luck!

After setting parametric analysis freq as a sweep variable, what analysis i have to do in which i can see hd2 vs freq plot.
because for any specified ferq i can check 2nd and 3rd harmonics using pss analysis or dft function of calculator. but in that case what i have to do.
Thanks and Regards
Harsh

No..... just add the output variable as i have mentioned above for hd2,hd3,hd5 and enable the plot option for each variable.... thats all..... when u run the parametric analysis now.... u will get the plots for each output variable you have added...... and i missed out one point.... just take 1024 pt dft that is sufficient.....

if any doubt.... u know wat to do....:D u r welcome to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back