Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can any one explain the circuit of ultrasonic Rx circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

24+

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any one to help me , how these tunned amplifier is working and what are the equation are there,and how these comparator works.see the attachment

I don't think there is a tuned circuit. The inductor seems to be used as a choke rather than being resonant. The comparator is just that, it can be adjusted to trigger on the edges of cycles from the transducer.

Brian.

betwixt said:
I don't think there is a tuned circuit. The inductor seems to be used as a choke rather than being resonant. The comparator is just that, it can be adjusted to trigger on the edges of cycles from the transducer.

Brian.

can you tell me little bit in detail pls....

The inductor has no capacitor across it so it is not resonant. Using an inductor as the load of an amplifier is one way of getting a high impedance for the AC signal while minimising the voltage drop to DC.

The comparator has the negative input set by the voltage across R6. The other input can be set by R10 to be some way above the voltage on the negative input. This allows the sensitivity to be set - the pulse on the positive input needs to be bigger than the voltage dropped across R10 to trigger the output.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back