Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can 89S be programmed using USBasp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Can 89S programmed using USBasp?

As according to the post for USBasp, it won't work with ProgISP, As there is no ISP(In system programmable) support in AT89s52. Here is the solution to dump to AT89s52 is purchase an IAP programmer which was working perfect for me.

https://www.elnec.com/products/universal-programmers/beeprogplus/?gclid=CNHPi5eMzboCFWFS4goddjAA4g

**broken link removed**
I worked with second one which is cheaper and best, but we need to make a small PCB,ie., development board providing Vcc, Gnd, reset voltages to controller.

Of course you can program 89s, but note that you need a USB to Serial converter to do that.
I would recommend you to buy a USB programmer.
If you make a ISP programmer and then use USB to serial converter to connect the ISP to the USB then , rarely this method does not work.

So my suggestion, buy a USB programmer if you want to use USB port or make an ISP programmer by yourself. But avoid using USB to serial converter.
It is easy to make, I have made one and I still use it. You can browser in threads for ISP programmer or let us know, I can post a link if you want to make your own programmer.

i am used avrfighter in conjunction with USBasp which is worked fine for AT89S

Is it a freeware.
Can you share the link for AVRFighter.

Software can be free to use, but they are not allowed to sell for profit purposes,and it‘s chinese software

Attachments

• AVR_fighter.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 154
Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back