Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

camera interfacing with FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha86

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am trying to interface between
1. a camera with a cameralink output
2. a microcontroller of ARM7. (this microcontroller is the brain of the system (general purpose usage, not for image processing).

because of the rare nature of the system, i dont see any cameralink to spi framegrabber or such. The solution i think of is:

1. FPGA ? FPGA input of cameralink, image processing (basic) and output to spi? can i use one FPGA chip to congifure its I/O port as cameralink signal and also the spi? pls recommend any TI/Xilinx chips for this purpose, if you are familiar :)

2. use a simple PIC/microcontroller and take in the parallel data from cameralink , process and output to spi?

3. Even if I use FPGA, are there available libraries or tools to auto configure the ports as cameralink /spi protocol?

any input will help! or if you better ideas do share with me:) thanks !!

p.s. I dont need streaming (only image not video) so fps are not really of concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.