Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

camera interfacing with 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliraza786

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please guide me i wana inteface camera with my controller 89s51....i wana make a secuirty system and the aim of this project is to learn the how we can interface camera and how can we store images and retrive them from memory...any help and sugestion will be highly appreciated..thanks

its almost impossible. Consider a high end controller or processor to do that.

Hope this helps
Good Luck.

its really not possible with 89s51 u have to use a processor with much higher RAM SPI interface for data card interface i dont know which camera you are using possibly you can use RTOS and a ARM processor

What camera you use?
CMUCam, serial JPEG camera or CMOS camera. Currently, I only have coding CMUCam.

@engshahrul i have no camera yet...but i wana buy some camera for interfacing....so please suggest me the camera for which you can help me in interfacing....and secondly i have no idea about processor like ARM processor how these processor works and how can i learn the programing of these proscessor....thanks

please guide me i wana inteface camera with my controller 89s51....i wana make a secuirty system and the aim of this project is to learn the how we can interface camera and how can we store images and retrive them from memory...

Your project is doable. However, the achievable frame rate will be quite low if using the AT89S51. You will also need to implement SD or MMC storage for the captured frames.

Here is a similar project using a Silabs 8051 variant and camera interface:

The Silabs 8051s execute one instruction for every clock cycle on average, compared to the AT89S51's one instruction for every 12 clock cycles. Therefore, the Silabs 8051 was able to obtain fairly high frame rates.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.