Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CAM/RAM MadulWare(or MegaFunction) for FPGA Advantages

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadid

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to implementing a CAM(Content Address Memory) in an FPGA Based Design.
I've Found it in Quartus but my project is in the FPGA Advantage
now I need your help what can I do?
is it possible to find similar IP for FPGA Advantages?
is it possible to temporarily move my project to Quartus and then back...

I've found similar module ware in ISE
and also it's possible to port an ISE project to Quartus but I need to port the IP or it's source to FPGA Advantages
is there a way?

I expect, that FPGA Advantage is using hardware specific libraries for entities as FPGA internal RAM, PLLs, I/O-cells. Basically, the documented HDL primitives, provided by ISE or Quartus can be used. FPGA Advantage place and route is performed by vendors tools (e. g. Quartus) anyway.

Regarding complex IP from FPGA vendor or third parties, the situation is more complicated. Most of the cores is distributed as encrypted HDL, in a vendor specific format not usable with other tools. So the IP in question has to be delivered in a FPGA Advantage specific distribution.

Thank FvM.
I can Switch my design to Quartus...
FPGA Advantages be able to use Quartus MegaCore Wizard ... this is possible but when I've trouble with one of them it seems that Quartus hasn't install completely.. or I need to buy some licenses ...
however I've a choice to using Quartus ... is good in Black Box Approach like FPGA Advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back