Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calling mutliple inputs of PIC16f88 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmet2004

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
16f88 adc

I am maybe using the wrong PIC for the job...

I, perhaps wrongly, assumed that I could configure the PIC16F88 for three analog inputs. I want to read AN0, AN1, and AN3, not necessarily at the same time, i.e. useconds are not critical. So, since it appears from the header that I can only configure for one ADC at a time, do I have to call a version of these statements every time I want a different channel?:

Kod:
Code:
   setup_adc_ports (sAN1); 
   setup_adc(ADC_CLOCK_INTERNAL); 
   set_adc_channel(1); 
   setup_timer_0(RTCC_INTERNAL);

If so, how much time do the extra calls add during execution?

Re: 16f88 adc

All PICs (that I know of) only have one actual ADC. You have to select the channel you want, do the conversion, select another channel, do another conversion etc.

Switching channels takes practically no time at all compared to the ADC conversion time.

I don't know what exactly those function calls do, but it sounds like set_adc_channel is all you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back