Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Caller ID display through TV - need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_risk_master

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Caller ID display thu TV

Hi guys,

It's been a while, and I'm busy in my new project in developing new circuit ideas, but I have a dilemma. Can you guys guide me on how would I display caller ID thru TV's input video in RCA jacks, I know how to do this in LCD modules and PIC, but how on TV CRT? Please advice (note: I have my telco provider to have me provisioned a caller ID service, this one's a check)

Many thanks,
the_risk_master

Caller ID display thu TV

nice idea but which application need this

Re: Caller ID display thu TV

Aya2002 said:
nice idea but which application need this
Many cheap phones have a display that is too dim and too small to be seen.
Instead look at the bright "larger than life" image on your TV.

Caller ID display thu TV

nice project

good luck

Caller ID display thu TV

Do you want caller ID displayed over an existing video channel? Or, do you want to just display caller ID text over a blank background?

The blank background option is much easier as you are generating all the sync and data simultaneously from a common source.

The video overlay is much more difficult. You have to strip out the sync signals from the incoming video, decode them and then align your data to occur at the correct portion of the screen. Then you have to be super stable so that your data shows up at the exact same position on the screen every frame. Otherwise, the picture gets highly distorted. For the overlay method, a module exists that does most of the work for you. Take a look at:

http://www.decadenet.com/bob4/bob4.html

(I have no affiliation with this company. They have been in business for a number of years and appear to be well liked. )

In addition to the above company, do a web search for video overlay. This is what you are trying to do and that will give you details of exact what the challenges are.

Re: Caller ID display thu TV

Gee, I had checked out the link you gave friend, interesting product but pricey (115.00 USD). How about the blank screen without the overlay.... how will I implement it?

Caller ID display thu TV

For a blank screen display you need to generate the video along with the necessary horizontal and vertical sync signals. For an example project that will point you to most of the details.

https://www.serasidis.gr/circuits/AVR_VGA/avr_vga.htm

Note that this project generates BOTH VGA and composite video. For TV you want the composite connection. This is the basic monochrome version. Different color letters are more difficult. However, by redefining the character set, you can produce much larger letters and numbers fairly easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back