Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calibre vs dracula/diva/assura

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_mhussein2005

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mentor calibre tutorial

i heared from many people that mentor calibre tool is better than cadence assura/diva/dracula,can any one tell me why?

calibre dracula

Calibre is more efficient than diva and dracula. The calibre rule deck file has better readibility than that of dracula. But diva is very convience for small layouts.

calibre tutorial

Hi

I dont know the advantage of calibre over assura but looks like calibre is becoming the more "standard and opted for" verification tool in the US.

Madhav

diva caliber

ya calibre is more efficient

but bye the way it is also more costly

caliber to assura

layout_designer said:
calibre gives better checks than assura
not realy, the results are same ,but is more fast and cheap . mentor tools are more cheap than cadence . my company migrate fom cadence to mentor because of the price of the license :)

diva assura dracula

I have seen Assura have segmentation faults (crash) or lock up with larger designs. Calibre would run on the same designs with no issue. The syntax for the calibre rule decks is also easier to learn - at least it was for me.

The Assura user interface is friendlier but Calibre is not bad.

The results should be the same(depends on rule deck writer).. but both have most of the features... the only advantage Calibre has is it runs fast..

Calibre has more market than assura

i have heared that cadence is better than calibre for rf layouting.and is more powerful than calibre.

Re: mentor calibre tutorial

i heared from many people that mentor calibre tool is better than cadence assura/diva/dracula,can any one tell me why?

snapshot.png

Hi

Please see the Image , this is a post layout simulation result at 6 GHz for a CMOS Mixer with Calibre, Assura and Schematic(without post layout), as you can see it seems that both Assura and Calibre have the same results. (Technology : 90nm)

Regards
Amir Hossein Masandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back