Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibre view generation failed, Fatal Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sps101

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a chain of transmission gates in 65nm but having a problem with the calibre view generation. For a single transmission gate, the DRC, LVS and PEX works perfectly and I am able to extract the calibre view. Now, when I make the top level block consisting of a bunch of transmission gates, the DRC and LVS is clean, the PEX is also clean, however, the calibre view extraction fails.

The cellmap includes the connectivity for the required transistors.

What could be the problem ?

PEX calibre generation view error.JPG

What is the error you're getting? Can you post the CIW contents as the messagebox says?

What is the error you're getting? Can you post the CIW contents as the messagebox says?

The error I am getting is
Code:
*Error* Could not Evaluate property ad of value ((iPar("sb")) * iPar("w") / iPar("fingers")) + (iPar("sd") * iPar("w") / iPar("fingers") * 0) for the instance: I0_MNM165.

PEX calibre transmission gate chain.JPGPEX calibre error CIW.JPG

The single level transmission gate calibre is working alright. But when i create a chain of them and try to do calibre extraction, it does not work. However the parasitics are generated properly when i check the RVE window.

Probably the instance called out (I0.NM165) either
has passed-down parameters that are not applied to
/ available from the higher level, or the params are not
set. <aybe them not being set bothers nothing at the
lower level because the complex expression is not in
play at that level.

Just look at the various instance properties called out
in the formula and see which are not hard simple numbers,
or not-set. The remedy ought to reveal itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back