Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calibre PEX for postsimulation,pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhlbluesky

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when i extracted PEX netlist (for ex: circuit1.pex.netlist)using calibre, how to run simulation with the PEX netlist in spectre (ic5141)? what is the procedure?

In input.scs, i delete the netlist part (with no parasitic parameters), and include the PEX netlist (for ex: include ./circuit1.pex.netlist), then run the simulation (run & netlist and run). but the result is the same, there is no difference. why?

besides, if i complete the post-simulation, how to observe the results (current or voltage waveform), just the same as before, select node and print esc button? or are there any other methods?

and, if use 'spectre input.scs' in terminal, then how to observe the results (current or voltage waveform), is results brower ok? or any other ways?

pls help me, and tell me how to do post-simulation in calibre step by step, pls, thanks all.

Hi,

I think you should use the calibreview to do your post layout simulation.
It's one of the output format of PEX.
It's particulary easy to use with a config view.

Franck.

franck, can you speak more clearly? i want to know the details, thanks.

Hi,

If you are running PEX, I guess you also have the Calibre documentation installed.
So search for "calibreview" in the calibre extraction documentation.
Everything is explained there.

Franck.

when PEX extraction(calibreview), it has the following warnings:

unable to find a map for port "R_" on the template for cell "SH1"
"R_" will NOT be ported for this cell

unable to find a map for port "S_" on the template for cell "SH1"
"S_" will NOT be ported for this cell

what is the meaning? and not every port can't be ported, for my cell, only three of fifteen can't be ported, the other is correct.

besides, 'template file canot be read' is another warning.

how to solve the problem, if i don't use template file(.stl), then will it be ok?

pls help me. thanks.

Hi,

1) Does the calibreview contain your intentional devices and parasitics?
2) Try to delete (save it in another name before) .../template/"cellname".stl. This contains the description of all the ports in your design. It should be regenerate on your next run.

Hope it helps.
Franck

oh,thank you,i'll try it again.
maybe i need you help again.

yes, after i delete .../template/"cellname".stl, it's ok.thanks all.

I've also had the same problem with the PEX and I solved by erasing the function.stl file that you mentioned in your post.

Many thanks!!

when PEX extraction(calibreview), it has the following warnings:

unable to find a map for port "R_" on the template for cell "SH1"
"R_" will NOT be ported for this cell

unable to find a map for port "S_" on the template for cell "SH1"
"S_" will NOT be ported for this cell

what is the meaning? and not every port can't be ported, for my cell, only three of fifteen can't be ported, the other is correct.

besides, 'template file canot be read' is another warning.

how to solve the problem, if i don't use template file(.stl), then will it be ok?

pls help me. thanks.

hi frank ,lhlbluesky
I encountered the same problem.whats your system ?I cannot find .stl file in my solaris 10

i have the same problem, according to your method ,now i have solved it. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back