Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibre PEX extraction - capacitor value doubled after extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakov_Yakov

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.
I run Calibre PEX on simple circuit - only MOM capacitor of 40ff with 2 ports.
After extraction on test bench I got 88ff.
What is a problem and who I can fix it ?
Thank you in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably the problem calls double-counting, but I can mistake...

Calibre PEX extraction calculates and includes parasitics - that's exactly it's job.

I check it only on capacitor without some additional and significant routing.
And probably , it takes into account both capacitance from cap model and extracted capacitance.

Hi Yakov -

this is actually a very common problem in extraction - called capacitance double-counting.
Your LVS recognizes MOM capacitor as a device, so it create a device instance for MOM capacitor, described by its SPICE model (probably a very simple one).
But, your extraction tool is not instructed to exclude MOM capacitor from capacitance extraction - extraction tool treats metal lines and vias of MOM capacitor as regular interconnects, and extracts their capacitance.
This exclusion of the device from extraction is called "device blocking".

You need to check or fix your extraction setup, to enable device blocking for MOM capacitor.

Max
------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back