Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibre LVS - ports in layout are not recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsrin

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Calibre LVS

HI ALL,
I am using IBM PDK in IC 6.1.3 virtuoso. While Running LVS using Calibre tool , the Ports in layout are not Recognised and giving mismatch - 0 ports in layout and 5 ports in schematic. Can anybody advice me for this problem . In layout I am creating Ports using same layer ("M1" "pin").

Thanks in Advance

Calibre LVS

Try this:

when you make a pin, there is a box you can check to enable the label layer. I think it might be called "show text label" , and then attach a label layer with the pin name to the pin.

So for example, if your pin is called Vin. You should make a pin (shape, rectangle) on the M1 draw layer, and then attach a M1 lbl layer with "Vin" to the pin shape, the label shoudl be attached within the boundarys of the pin shape.

Calibre LVS

Calibre port recognition is based on label origin on the metal line. Check the documentation (calibre deck) for correct layer usage.

Re: Calibre LVS

Thanks Teddy,
Yes , I got it. Now lvs recognising ports . Its all due to different layer i.e, I have to use M1 "ll" layer.
Thanks once again.

It depends on the rule file that you are using. some time you need to have M1 Label or M1 pin layer to identify the ports.

eecs4ever said:
Try this:

when you make a pin, there is a box you can check to enable the label layer. I think it might be called "show text label" , and then attach a label layer with the pin name to the pin.

So for example, if your pin is called Vin. You should make a pin (shape, rectangle) on the M1 draw layer, and then attach a M1 lbl layer with "Vin" to the pin shape, the label shoudl be attached within the boundarys of the pin shape.

Thank you so much eecs4ever. I too had the same problem before and had spent a really long time thinking about it.

Thanks
Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back