Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibre LVS micron / meter unit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roeland

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
calibre unit length

Hi folks,

I am struggling with a LVS script coming straight from a foundry. I am using Cadence layout and schematic entry tools and Mentor Calibre GUI for LVS. I am using mosfet primitives from the foundry design kit. W and L have to be entered in micron and not in meter as it is the case with the regular analogLib mosfet primitives.

The problem is that the cdl netlist extracted by Calibre contains W and L in meters whereas the schematic are in microns. This lead to a property error: a transistor in the layout extracted netlist has for instance a W of 1u whereas the transistor extracted from the schematic has a W of 1 000 000u.

This could be workaround by manually editing the source netlist and had .OPTION SCALE=1e-6, however I have to do that EACH time I run a new LVS, which is not convenient.

How to fix this problem one time for all, i.e. having the netlist extracted with the correct dimensions or automatically including the .OPTION statement? The foundry support team is not able to provide a descent fix to this...

calibre lvs micron

You may try to add a sentence "UNIT LENGTH 1", or modify the "UNIT LENGTH" sentence if it is already there.

try add

"UNIT LENGTH U"

in the .lvs command file.

Hi,

You found the solution for this problem ? I have the same one.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back