Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calibre licensing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

preethi19

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i worked with calibre a month ago and i had the license to calibre and still when i checked i still have access to the tool. But when i open calibre from the Virtuoso layout window to run DRC i am getting an error "The following products could not be sufficiently licensed- Calibre interactive"

I saw many posts saying to upgrade the mentor graphics software. But i don't understand how to do that. Plus it worked a month ago and now it has stopped. The command file i enter to open cadence is as follows

setenv LM_LICENSE_FILE 6055@(hostname)
source/CMC/scripts/mentor.calibre.2010.4.csh
/CMC/scripts/startCds_tsmc180nm.5.2

I have also attached an warning snapshot that i get. If it would give any more idea about the problem
Untitled.png

can anyone pls help!!!

Last edited:

Hi Preethi-

If the "mentor.calibre.2010.4.csh" means you have Calibre v2010.4, and the error message you get in the snapshot is from v2009.4, somewhere you are getting an incompatible license server.

Calibre updated the FlexLM software at v2010.1 -- you can't use the same license host for both 2010.4 and 2009.4. So first step is to find out if you really do have 2010.4 -- the script could be called that for some other reason. (The transcript header you posted is pretty clear that Calibre Interactive, at least, is v2009.4.)

Hopefully you have access to someone knowledgeable about the product trees you are using. If there really are multiple product versions installed (it isn't that uncommon), they'll be able to help you fix up either the Virtuoso call to Calibre or the LM_LICENSE_MANAGER setting.

Failing someone local & knowledgeable, the MGC customer support people get licensing questions frequently and can probably walk you through the investigation and any necessary changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back