Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibre interactive skill code required

Status
Not open for further replies.

soorajsram

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interactive calibre drc

I do use the calibre for the layout verification. But it becomes difficult to rectify the DRC errors looking at the DRC.db (error database having x-y co-ordintes).

Does anyone have any sort of interactive (GUI) for DRC debugging for the calibre in Skill/perl?

Thanks in advance
Sooraj S Ram

Calibre comes with a tool called RVE (Result viewing environment) . This GUI is very useful in checking the DRC/LVS results . It has alot of good features.

I think that the Calibre interactive window has a button labled "start RVE" , try it.

Calibre RVE is again a seperate and costly licence. If can be afforded ok or else ask some oif ur
skill folks to write a skill script for a custom RVE. It is easy and in less than one month the code can be completed.

Your can use "find" comand of unix find the calibre.il file in your calibre install dir
and a line like " load "path /../calibre.il "" comment to your .cdsinit file

What tools are you use for your layout?
I use L edit and it can import the database.
calibre aslo has layout viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back