Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calibre DRC problem OD.DN.3 Minimum ALL_OD density in window 20 um × 20 um ,stepping in 10 um.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiaowenrun

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As the title said, I don't know what does this rule mean. Could anybody help me? And what should I do to correct this?
Thanks.

Sounds like the rule file has a DRC rule, OD.DN.3, that is turning up some violations of a PDK rule. From the rest of the headline, it has something to do with density on "All_OD" (is that a layer?) in a 20 micron by 20 micron region. The rule has the regions being stepped a half-region each time.

As for what the rule means... that depends on your design. The PDK should have more information. What does the RDB show? (You should be able to highlight errors in your layout with Calibre RVE.) You might want to run through some of the training material -- reviewing the errors from a DRC run is part of the basics.

Hopefully you solved this already, though; looks like the forums have been pretty quiet this week.

-Sam.

xiaowenrun

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back