Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibre DRC/LVS inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenneth_tan

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using the calibre Interactive DRC - V2007.4_14.15.

In the Calibre Interactive - nmDRC forms, Inputs->File - ABC.gds

Format = GDSII

Export from layout viewer clicked.

Question:
-----------
Does that means I have to manually create GDS file - from Cadence -export - stream ?

I thought by clicking 'export from layout viewer' will generate gds file?

if not, what are other alternative to avoid manually create gds?
Are there any setting in the rule deck can allow calibre to create gds for me?

Thanks for your help !!

Kenneth Tan

yes, by checking the option "Export from layout" calibre exports gds2 for you.
alternatively you can export from virtuoso tool and the give the file path these it can also work.

Thanks!
I have the 'export from layout' clicked, thats what I would think the tool will generate gds for me, apparently it is not, when I click Rundrc in the Calibre DRC form,
it still say 'cant find .gds file'

Exporting from cadence virtuose is a great option, but I would like to save that step which I would think the 'export from layout' option would do that for me.

I also have the Calibre ->set up drc -> put in all the path, map file , and nothing seem happenned.

thanks again.

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 ----------

Just wanted to add to the post - I do get this message say -"could no connect to socket 9189 : viewer is not running/socket is not active"??

However I have already set "setup layout viewer - put in host name and socket, and it say 'connected' "

On top of that I have done 'set MGC_CALIBRE_LAYOUT_SERVER dalcad02:9189' in my .cshrc

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back