Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibre DRC GR594_error, how to correct it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamar_sue

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
when I do the Calibre exam, I confused with a DRC error-------GR594, does anybody know how to correct it? By the way, I use IBM .13um.
ths very much.

Attachments

• GR594.jpg
    GR594.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 147
  • layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 147

Looks like an Antenna Rule violation: the M2 area (cf. the given 56-Vertex M2 polygon) is too large (> 20%) in relation to the connected pMOS S/D implant area, I guess.

To avoid it, you could either
  • insert layer hopping (M2 - Mx - M2 , x=(1||3)) between the interior (S-)taps
    or
  • increase the associated p+ implant (S resp. D) area.
Perhaps you might find an explanation of the GR594 violation in your PDK docu?

Hello,
thanks for your explaintion. I just get over this problem. Do you know how I did it? Neither insert layer nor the area, which I try first is not avilialbe, I just decrease the vias from the NW to M1, just leaves 1/4 of the orginal. I don't know why to do this, but which is very useful.

... I just decrease the vias from the NW to M1, just leaves 1/4 of the orginal. I don't know why to do this, but which is very useful.

I don't understand it either :-( . Thanks for your feedback, nevertheless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back