Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Calibre DRC error exporting layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Dutchman

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I have a strange problem running DRC check using calibre. When I start Virtuoso, license "111" is succesfully checked out and everything works fine (Schematic, Layout, MMSIM).
I implemented the Calibre skill interface in the .cdsinit and the drop down menu in layout editor appears. When I start calibre from within the layout editor drop down, the calibre gui pops up and the calibre-interactive license is succesfully checked out.
However when I then try to run the Calibre DRC somehow it tries to check the Virtuoso "111" license and fails prompting the error message below (things go bad during export I think):

Code:
//  Calibre layout-server initialized successfully at socket 9199, host Somehost.localdomain.
//  Calibre Interactive - DRC  v2014.1_17.12    Thu Feb 27 15:53:54 PST 2014
//
//        Copyright Mentor Graphics Corporation 1996-2014
//                       All Rights Reserved.
//   THIS WORK CONTAINS TRADE SECRET AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION
//      WHICH IS THE PROPERTY OF MENTOR GRAPHICS CORPORATION
//        OR ITS LICENSORS AND IS SUBJECT TO LICENSE TERMS.
//
//  Mentor Graphics software executing under x86-64 Linux
//
//  Running on Linux Somehost.localdomain 3.10.0-123.9.3.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Nov 6 15:06:03 UTC 2014 x86_64
//  64 bit virtual addressing enabled
//
//  Starting time: Fri Dec 19 09:07:20 2014
//
//  mgc_s license acquired (calinteractive requested).
//  Calibre Interactive authorized.

*** Calibre Interactive: Exporting layout for library "xv", cell "DRCtest", view "layout" ***

WARNING: HOST <Somehost.localdomain> DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE A CADENCE SUPPORTED LINUX CONFIGURATION.
         For More Info,  Please Run '<cdsroot>/tools.lnx86/bin/checkSysConf' <productId>.

*Error* License "111" could not be checked out.

ERROR (XSTRM-209): Virtuoso Framework License (111) could not be found. Either the license server is down or the license is not available. Ensure that the valid license is available.
INFO (XSTRM-273): Translation failed. '1' error(s) and '0' warning(s) found.

I am sure that license 111 is available because else Virtuoso would not run. The warnings can be neglected (everything runs fine, I think it is missing the /etc/redhat-release to be a known supported configuration).

Status of the license servers is given below, the servers are up and if I check the log files all feautures are found and the deamons are running:

Code:
./lmstat -A
lmstat - Copyright (c) 1989-2011 Flexera Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Flexible License Manager status on Fri 12/19/2014 09:32

License server status: 18000@Somehost.localdomain
    License file(s) on Somehost.localdomain: /home/#####/flexlm/cadence.dat:

Somehost.localdomain: license server UP (MASTER) v10.8

Vendor daemon status (on Somehost.localdomain):

cdslmd: UP v10.8
Feature usage info:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
License server status: 18001@Somehost.localdomain
    License file(s) on Somehost.localdomain: /home/#####/Calibre2014.1.17.12/ixl_cal_2014.1_17.12/shared/license/license.dat:

Somehost.localdomain: license server UP (MASTER) v11.10

Vendor daemon status (on Somehost.localdomain):

mgcld: UP v11.10
Feature usage info:

Any ideas of what I can try or check?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: The error is not Calibre related. I tried to do a DRC check with a exported layout stream.
I get the exact same error when I try to export the stream using Virtuoso -> export -> stream.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: All was solved relatively quickly by patching the long signatures in the license files.

Status
Not open for further replies.