Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibration source for differential 24bit ADC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanboy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to acquire a calibration source that has differential DC outputs to calibrate a 3 or 6 channel ADC. It needs to be accurate to 0.02% for ranges of 40V, 20V, 10V, 5V, 2V, 1V, 0.5 Vp-p. The singles I need to produce ar 50% of full scale, That is 20V*0.02% = 4mV, 0.25V*0.02% = 50uV. I am really looking for a stable source I can make corrections in software if needed. The input impedance of the device being calibrated is 40K ohms. The source does not have to have 3 to 6 channels.

Cost is also a big issue as we are a small company that handles 500 devices a year. I also don't have the expertise to build my own source. My specialty is software not hardware, so I am a little out of my depth. Yet I have been tasked with finding a calibration source as it will be used in a production test fixture. I have spent 8 hours online without finding a suitable source.

Precision calibration of an ADC can be done with a Kelvin Varley Divider, like the fluke 720A. Another way is by using a very good voltmeter with 6 1/2 digit accuracy. As the Fluke 8846A. None of this solutions is cheap.
By the way 24bit is more than necessary for the required .02%.
Hope that it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.