Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibration of R&S VNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucy123

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am trying to calibrate a R&S VNA for dielectric measurements. The configuration is the following:

Coax cable (2.4mm m) --> 2.4mm f to 2.4mm f connector --> (2.4mm m) Open-ended coax probe

I would like to calibrate up to the connector probe plane to which I will then connect the probe. My problem is that the calibration unit I have is a 2.4mm f. Any idea of what can be done? Maybe I can do any settings in the VNA itself?

Thanks

Guess you want to making a one port calibration and measure your DUT S11 response, you could remove the 2.4mm adaptor from the cable and calibrate plane will be at your cable connector. The 2.4mm adaptor should be very low loss and good return loss since it's an adaptor for same type connector but differ porlority. If the expected DUT S11 is higher enough than your adaptor S11,like 10dB higher, then this method will introduce very low measurement error to you.

thanks for your reply. I appreciate that but is there a way in which I can move the calibration plane to the connector. I am reading about de-embedding process but I am totally at a loss.

de-embedding process uses Open, Short, through, or Termination at the special plane.(If I remember correct) You should calibrate the four at the special plane. Sometimes you should make PCB for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back