Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculation of SFDR from DFT plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhisek.dey007

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Can anyone give me some idea how I can calculate SFDR from the DFT plot obtained by using cadence ADE calculator. I want to know after getting the DFT plot, what function in the calculator do i need to choose to obtain SFDR?

Thanx.

Its quite simple: it is the difference between the power on the fundamental and the highest tone. There is no calculator function but it is rather simple to write.

Okay...can you tell how i can plot dBFS vs freq plot for FFT/DFT?

What device are you talking about? Amplifier, ADC, DAC... in general, you just divide the output by the full-scale (normalize to the full-scale) before taking the DFT so that it corresponds to <output quantity>/<full scale quantity>=1->0dBFS

thanx,,,I'm simulating a 12bit SAR ADC. Doing trans simulation for the DFT plot. But how to make the x-axis as freq?? I mean wat kind of simulation/calculator function is needed???

guys plz help,,,how to plot DFT/FFT in a dB Vs. freq graph????

After the transient simulation, open the calculator and u vl find 'vt' button. Press the vt button and select the net in the schematic.
Then select the 'dft' function from special functions and give the required data.
Now select 'dB20' button and press 'plot'.

Before running the dft you have to use a DAC to make the 12bit output of the ADC an analog voltage.
You can easily do that using 12 VCCS with Ibias / 2Ibias / 4Ibias... all driving one single resistor.
Or you can use the calculator and do the same thing by math.

After the transient simulation, open the calculator and u vl find 'vt' button. Press the vt button and select the net in the schematic.
Then select the 'dft' function from special functions and give the required data.
Now select 'dB20' button and press 'plot'.

Before dB20 you can do JoannesPaulus in post #4

And use a sine input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back