Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculation of Oscillator Output Power [hlp]

Status
Not open for further replies.

april1975

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends
I want to formulate output power a cross coupled oscillator. Do you know any book/paper/application note that describe it? Do you know about it?
tnx

Any time I've wanted to examine the steady-state output power/amplitude of something that oscillates I've been sucked straight down into the rabbit-hole of nonlinear analysis :) I'd be surprised if there was a simple analytic expression/description that applied to an architecture in general..?

Empirically, I've found Agilent's ADS "Harmonic Balance" frequency domain simulation tool to be pretty good for other oscillator architectures - you might be able to appropriately model your oscillator and extract some trends/design guidelines.

Output voltage is approximately

Vo=2/Itail*Rp*pi

Rp=Equivalent Resistance of LC Tank Circuit//Load Resistance
Itail=Bias current

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back